This is a collection of the best resources and and applications I came across over the past three days at the 5th National Leading Digital Schools Conference. Many of the apps and clips were presented in the workshops (and are included in the blog posts on those presentations). Unfortunately I did not get the chance to attend all workshops, so I have also included some from those I did not attend. Thank you to all the presenters for a great insight, direction and inspiration. I have also tried to include links to some of the presentations provided.
Please take some time to explore the links, apps and videos in this post and let me know if you would like any more info or assistance with trying some of the applications/approaches… ENJOY!
- Diigo – Bookmarking on-line app – AWESOME! Student topic web page review? (Video)
- LiveBinders – Post all resources (documents, pictures, articles… for a topic/unit – on line in one convenient place) – (Video).
- Password Manager
- Calibre – Create epubs – ebooks (Quite Complex – (Video)
- Today’sMeet – Create “Twitter Like Stream” / Chat room to track conversations, questions… from your class/meeting…(Video)
- Dropbox – keep your docs, photos, lists…. on the cloud – available from different devices. Easy to use. (Video)
- CamScann for scanning docs using my phone (Android) or CamScanner (iPhone - Video)
- Nozbe for tracking jobs and to do lists… (also for giving calendar context to my Evernote notes – Take the next step Evernote Users watch video)!
Want more apps? Check out this ebook of best Web Tools for Teachers!
My pick of the latest Education and Technology Clips/Videos:
- School of One
- The 21C Learner
- Future of Screen Technology
- What is Augmented Reality ?
- LAYAR – Augmented Reality Browser
- What is Being Creative?
- Mobile Technology
- Future of Mobile Technology
- Surface Computing – Microsoft
- BMW Augmented Reality